Beatbox Giant Productions

The producers of Kinzai Ninjas, a new animated web series.

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Comrades in Arms

I had another good writing session today with Douglas.

I dropped out of college five years ago. And I met Doug in Februrary of 2000. When I left school I only focused on one thing -- Improv comedy. I did 40-50 hours of improv every week.

My big idea was to get on Saturday Night Live. I knew that LA had a great training ground called the Groundlings Theater and I knew that I had the ability to make people laugh.

As I was doing all of this comedy, I looked around and realized it wasn't about the techniques of joke telling, or writing craft, it was about the people and the relationships I was forming. I knew that these were the people I would be working with for the next 30 years.

So here I was five years later writing with a guy that I've known and worked with for the last five years. And our relationship has just gotten deeper and our shorthand has gotten quicker.

It's a comfort and a blessing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home