Beatbox Giant Productions

The producers of Kinzai Ninjas, a new animated web series.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Fishbone Part Two

Went back to Dre's to work with Fishbone.

Tonight's vibe was totally different. All business, er well, that sounds so staid. But they were recording vocals. I came in at their lunch -- Popeye's chicken. Fist bumped the lot of them.

I settled into a chair and then Norwood and Angelo went off to the mic booth to talk about the lyrics.

Very cool. Abstract and fun. I tried to just stay out of the way -- I didn't want to step on their toes. After a while I was comfortable enough to throw out an idea or two. They were gracious and enthusiastic.

I showed them a episode 1 and 2 of RvB. They really dug it.

The thing that was most interesting to me was watching Angelo and Norwood work together. Here are two guys that have been making music together for almost 30 years. It was great to watch such a collaboration. The give and take and respect and short hand.

I wonder who I'll still be working with in 30 years.

I tried to take a pic, but it was too dark for my sidekick.

Also talking about music is taking me a little out of my comfort zone. I mean I was in Jr. High Jazz band (Go Tuffree Falcons), but I'm more of the visual, big picture guy. Talking to bonofide musical geniuses is a little daunting. I end up using my hands a lot and grunting. A lot of grunting.

We talked about the show a lot and our goals for what the song and trailer should accomplish and I think that was very productive.

We head back in tomorrow to finish off the two songs.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home