Beatbox Giant Productions

The producers of Kinzai Ninjas, a new animated web series.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Sickness

I've been feeling crappy since yesterday. It started with a sore throat, and I cancelled a hike, and even (gasp!) stopped blogging.

I came home and tried to rest. I took some Sudafed, and some Aleve, and drank a lot of fluids. I keep feeling worse.

When I woke up this morning I googled clinic and my zip code. I got alot of free HIV testing places. I keep Googling, until I stumbled upon the phrase, "Urgent Care".

Bingo. Less than a mile from my place. I drive over and get in at 10:43am. I fill out the paperwork and I prepare to wait. But as I turn in the drug company sponsored clipboard, an African national waves me through.

Great I figure this guy was the nurse, he'd weigh me and take my blood pressure and then send me back to the waiting room for the Doctor.

Turns out he was the doctor. We go back to his actual office, he cleared the deodorant from his desk and we chatted. I said I thought I had strep throat, he said follow me.

In the examination room he listened to my breathing, and heart and then looked down my throat.

It seemed to actually gross him out a bit. "Oh my, yes you got an infection."

Took my temp, 100.5 (this is with two Aleves in my system).

We walked back to his office and he wrote me the prescription. His Apricot iBook sitting there, Doc talked me into using a small indie pharmacy instead of a chain. Cool, whatev, he must get a kick back.

I leave the parking structure at 11 AM.

The prescription is filled by 11:15.

This left me sort of confused. I'm still not sure if I received the sort of care I needed. Sure I got the drugs, but I missed some of the formality.

I just woke up from a nap, and boy let me tell you, I've never felt an antibotic work like this one. I could literally feel the tingling of the battle going on in my throat. Very cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home