Beatbox Giant Productions

The producers of Kinzai Ninjas, a new animated web series.

Monday, April 04, 2005

Balance

I've recently been think about balance and the lack of perspective I have. For the last three years I have been completely blind and on a journey to become the filmmaker that is hidden within me.

What does that mean? I've sworn off relationships, I don't go out drinking with the boys, and I spend all of my time and energy trying to figure out how to be the best that I can be.

Well, now I'm sitting here. I've achieved some level of success, but now is when the men and the boys are decided. Now is the time to stop being weepy about the decisions I've made and get down to the business at hand, of doing the things I love to do and showing off to you guys what I can do.

I'm really excited about the project right now. Things are hitting on all cylinders. The stories are clicking and the production is up and running.

The writing process has been grueling, but satisfying. There is a ton of stuff out there on how gut wrenching it is to rewrite your material. Especially when you put so much into each draft. But, I gotta say that after each round the scripts are remarkably better. They are leaner, stronger, and funnier. All vital things to a new project.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home