Beatbox Giant Productions

The producers of Kinzai Ninjas, a new animated web series.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Pulling The Trigger

In Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Indy is trying to get the grail to save his father.

He spells out Christ's name in some ancient language, he rolls and misses the huge blades and then he reaches this huge chasm.

He needs to get across this insurmountable gap in order to save his dad and get the cup of christ. His bullwhip won't reach and there is nothing else available to help.

This is where I'm at right now. For the last five years I've done my homework. I've worked really hard getting better as a filmmaker and storyteller, but now I'm at the chasm. I wouldn't even be here without all of that groundwork, but still I'm here looking at an almost impossible task.

What did Indy do? He took a strong and bold step into the abyss and was rewarded. I am about to do the same, hopefully with equal results.

Well, not equal I guess. My dad isn't gutshot in the middle of the desert, needing the Holy Grail to save his life. And I wouldn't even know ho wto use a bullwhip without hurting myself or others.

But the basic analogy stands. Except for being chased by the Nazis. And the fear of snakes.

-K

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home