Beatbox Giant Productions

The producers of Kinzai Ninjas, a new animated web series.

Friday, November 04, 2005

Rock Show

Tonight I was invited to a rock show by my friend.

Now you should know that I never go see rock shows. I live next to Viper Room, The Roxy, the Whiskey A-Go-Go and the Rainbow Room.

A couple of reasons. Right now I'm broke. Being a prefamous filmmaking god makes it hard to pay the bills. But the bigger reason is that I don't like music shows.

There I said it.

It's my biggest secret. I don't buy music, I don't file share. I just sorta absorb what's on the radio (alternative or indie rock mostly), and most live shows put me to sleep.

Tonight, Videostar -- an 80's tribute band, was playing the basement of the Key Club. My friend got us on the list.

Usually when I get an invitation like this I simply refuse, but I hadn't seen this guy in a while and we needed to chat about a few things. So I accepted. It was cool to hang out.

We actually got to sit down for a while and chill --- something that usually costs big bucks in LA, but here in the basement listening to 80's pop it was free.

The show starts, and I like the music and the pleasant ringing in my ears. I watch the women dancing, and the drunks guys hitting on them.

We get up and I assume my typical rock show posture. Standing up straight, stoic face, and lame and constrained gyrations.

But then Rebel Yell started and I genuinely lost myself in the music. I was throwing horns and head banging. It was fun.

The biggest thing I noticed was sitting down people looked fairly tall, but when I got up I realized how short everyone there was. I was a good 6 to 8 taller than everyone there.

1 Comments:

At 11:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You live by the Whiskey?!?!?!

I'm a MetallicA obsessed-freak. Next time I come out to Cali you definitely need to take me there. That is where they played their very first concert, ya know. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home